The 7 Toppings to a Chicago Hot Dog United Together Under One Lid - The Ultimate Hot Dog Sauce - Basically, the essence of Chicago in a bottle, minus Malört.
How: After a deep scientific study researching iconic hot dog stands throughout Chicago and painstakingly weighting out the condiments of a Chicago Dog we have discovered the perfect ratio of condiments to a Chicago Hot Dog.
Why: Why take the painstaking time of assembling the 7 ingredients of a classic Chicago hot dog when you can just use The Original Chicago Sauce?
Our Story: What started off as a simple way to sauce a sausage while competing in the 2011 Chiditarod (a must-do race for anyone ½ crazy) for five best buddies has turned into a mission to provide the essence of Chicago in a bottle (minus Malört).
Ways to use The Original Chicago Sauce:
- Top your favorite encased meat, burger, chicken or veggie sandwich
- Add to any salad such as potato salad, egg salad or chicken salad
- Make The Chicago Marinade by soaking chicken, steak, pork, fish or veggies
- Make The Chicago Vinaigrette by blending 1/2 cup The Original Chicago Sauce with 1 cup vegetable oil and 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Make The Chicago Dip by mixing 1/2 cup The Original Chicago Sauce with 8 oz. sour cream
- Make The Chicago Smear by combining 1/2 cup The Original Chicago Sauce with 8 oz. cream cheese
- Make The Chicago Aioli by mixing 3 Tablespoons The Original Chicago Sauce with ½ cup Mayo
- Think of it as Mustard on Steroids – wherever you might use mustard, elevate your cooking game and use Chicago Sauce
What are the 7 ingredients to a Chicago Hot Dog?
- Yellow Mustard
- Sweet Relish
- Sport Peppers
- Celery Salt