1 pound spaghetti
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 links Big Fork Hickory & Applewood
Bacon Sausage, raw, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
3 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper & crushed red pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook the Bacon Sausage over medium heat until evenly browned, stirring as needed; remove the sausage, keeping as much oil in the pan as possible.
3. Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook 2 minute more. Add the wine, and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Return the sausage to the pan; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding more olive oil if it seems dry or is sticking together. Add beaten eggs and cook, tossing constantly with tongs or large fork until eggs are barely set. Quickly add the ½ cup Parmesan cheese, and toss again. Add the salt, pepper, and crushed pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately with chiffonade of basil sprinkled on top, and extra Parmesan cheese at table.