Watch the step by step video here
4 – 6 servings
4 links Big Fork Bacon Sausage (Hickory & Applewood, Cracked Black Pepper, Portabella, or Chicken & Bacon)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 – 15 oz. can tomato sauce
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream or coconut milk
½ teaspoon salt, if desired
½ lemon, juiced
Fresh cilantro, as needed, for garnish
Cooked rice, as needed, for serving
- Heat the sausage in a medium-large pot or skillet over medium-high heat, until the sausage begins to brown, around 5 minutes.
- Add the then onions and cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, chicken stock, cream or coconut milk. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in lemon juice and season with salt if needed.
- Serve over warm rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.