Bacon Sausage Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are 100% comfort food. Simply one of the best appetizers around, easy to make ahead of time, and just pull from the fridge and serve. They are also easy to bring to any party as a amazing host gift. Everyone loves deviled eggs.
We take a classic approach to deviled eggs and add a little bacon sausage to the recipe. The bacon sausage adds a smoky complexity that will make this appetizer even more memorable.
You can use any of our flavors of bacon sausage but we suggest using Hickory & Applewood, Cracked Black Pepper, or if you want to spice it up, use the Spicy 3 - Pepper Bacon Sausage.
BACON SAUSAGE DEVILED EGGS
This is a hearty recipe using bacon sausage to help flavor the yolk portion of the deviled eggs. The bacon sausage adds a nice smoky note as well as great texture to an otherwise uncomplicated dish. It hardly takes any more time and the results are incredible.
- 12 large eggs
- 2 links Big Fork Bacon Sausage, cracked black pepper or hickory & applewood, quartered, sliced thin
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon stone ground mustard
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place the eggs into already simmering water for 11 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and put into an ice bath for 5 minutes. Peel the eggs, slice in half, and remove egg yolks and place egg yolks into a mixing bowl.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat cook the sausage and onions for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool and place into the mixing bowl.
- Add the mustard, mayo, vinegar, and salt to the eggs yolks and mix until combined. Pipe into halved egg whites.
Feel free and garnish with any fresh herbs, sesame seeds (black or white), or just a little colorful spice like paprika, sumac, or cumin.