Caramelized Cauliflower & Maple Brown Sugar Bacon Sausage
CARAMELIZED CAULIFLOWER & MAPLE BROWN SUGAR BACON SAUSAGE
You know what makes vegetables taste good? BACON SAUSAGE!! Just a link or two to a massive amount of veggies and BAM! veggies are oh so good. We have a series of vegetable forward dishes like:
Quinoa & Mangos: https://bigforkbrands.com/blogs/recipes/quinoa-mangos-bacon-sausage
Asparagus, Lemon, & Bacon Sausage: https://bigforkbrands.com/blogs/recipes/asparagus-lemon-bacon-sausage
Bacon Sausage Brussels Sprouts: https://bigforkbrands.com/blogs/recipes/bacon-sausage-brussels-sprouts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 links Big Fork Bacon Sausage, Maple & Brown Sugar flavor, quartered lengthwise, then sliced thin
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- Heat a shallow dutch oven over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the oil, then the sausage and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower and cashew and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the dish with the kosher salt and place the dutch oven uncovered into a 300F convection oven for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, toss in the green onions and serve warm.
You can make this in advance and just hold in the fridge and use as needed. This recipe works great as a side dish or as a main. Reheating leftover is also a snap.