Quinoa, Mangos & Bacon Sausage
You know what makes vegetables taste good? BACON SAUSAGE!! Just a link or two to a massive amount of veggies and BAM! veggies are oh so good. We have a series of vegetable forward dishes like:
Caramelized Cauliflower & Maple Brown Sugar Bacon Sausage: https://bigforkbrands.com/blogs/recipes/caramelized-cauliflower-maple-brown-sugar-bacon-sausage
Asparagus, Lemon, & Bacon Sausage: https://bigforkbrands.com/blogs/recipes/asparagus-lemon-bacon-sausage
Bacon Sausage Brussels Sprouts: https://bigforkbrands.com/blogs/recipes/bacon-sausage-brussels-sprouts
QUINOA, MANGOS & BACON SAUSAGE
to eat more vegetables? You might be
doing it all wrong! Just add a little
flavorful bacon sausage to any massive amount of veggies and volia! veggies
The spicy 3 - Pepper Bacon Sausage adds a nice level of heat through the jalapeno, habanero, and crushed red chilies.
Add some bell peppers, fresh mango and cilantro and you're set for a complex tasting yet easy salad to make.
- 1-2 links Big Fork Spicy 3 – Pepper Bacon Sausage, sliced in half lengthwise, then sliced thin
- 1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 mango, diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté the bacon sausage until it begins to brown.
- Add the bell peppers and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the lime juice, zest, mango, and cilantro. Serve while warm.
You can make this in advance and just hold in the fridge and use as
needed. This recipe works great as a side dish or as a main. Reheating
leftover is also a snap. Or you can enjoy this salad room temp or even cold.