How to cook video link: https://youtu.be/fJs3bBu6qcM
4 medium-sized red or russet potatoes, freshly grated
2 links Big Fork Bacon Sausage, sliced lengthwise twice, then chopped into bite sized pieces (preferred flavor is Aged Cheddar)
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon granulated onion
1 teaspoon salt
butter and/or olive oil to coat the pan
- Mix together the potatoes, sausage, spices and salt in a medium-sized bowl until mixed together.
- Warm a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat the pan using butter and or olive oil. Once the pan is hot, spread the potatoes evenly on the pan and pat down to form an evenly layered bed of grated potatoes over the entire pan.
- Continue to cook the potatoes for 7 – 10 minutes until you can see the edges of the potatoes browning nicely.
- Flip hash browns over (watch our video for instruction), and cook for an additional 7 – 10 minutes so both sides are evenly browned and the center is cooked through.
- Portion hash browns into quarters and top with a fried egg, avocado, or both. A little fresh lemon juice and your favorite hot sauce is also recommended for the perfect breakfast anytime of day.