Jerky Deviled Eggs
We have a step by step video on how to make the jerky deviled eggs:
JERKY DEVILED EGGS
If you're a fan of truffles, add a little truffle oil like we suggest. It's such a nice touch to this recipe and the flavors are insanely complex, you will not be disappointed. I taught this to a friend years ago and she uses truffle oil every time she makes deviled eggs, and it's her go-to appetizer that she brings over to parties all the time.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 Teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Truffle Oil (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ bag Craft Pork Jerky – chopped
Place the eggs into already simmering water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and put into an ice bath for 5 minutes. Peel the eggs, slice in half, and remove egg yolks and place egg yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Add the mustard, mayo, vinegar, salt, and truffle oil (if desired) to the eggs yolks and mix until combined. Using a small ziplock bag with a small cut in one corner and pipe the egg yolk mixture into halved egg whites. Garnish with chopped jerky.
Our craft pork jerky is THE perfect garnish for deviled eggs. It's
simple to use, just open a bag, chop up slightly, and garnish. So much
easier than bacon. Plus there's a ton more protein in our jerky vs. bacon (that's mostly fat). These can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.