Click here for step by step cooking video
8 – 12 servings
3 cups chicken broth or water
½ tsp. salt
1 ¼ cup steel cut oats
1 cup frozen sweet corn
3 links Big Fork Bacon Sausage, suggested flavor is Portabella, cut lengthwise twice, then chopped
4 oz. diced pimientos
10 oz. broccoli slaw
3 sprigs green onion, sliced thin
½ cup Italian Dressing
¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped or 2 Tbsp. everything bagel seasoning
- Bring the broth or water to a boil with the salt. Add the steel cut oats, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet corn and sausage in the oats. Let rest.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the pimentos, slaw, green onions, and dressing.
- Add the oat/sausage mixture to the slaw mixture and mix until combined.
- Garnish with almonds or ebs.