Servings: 8 – 12 appetizers
1 egg, whipped
1 Tbsp. water
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed, cut in half
1 package Big Fork Bacon Sausage
Everything Bagel Seasoning, as needed
2 Tbsp. Mustard
2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
2 Tbsp. Mayo
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Using a fork, whisk together the water and egg. Reserve.
- Brush the top of each half of the puff pastry with the egg.
- Place the sausage on the edge of the pastry and roll the sausage and dough to enrobe the sausage. Press and seal the edge as necessary to seal the puff pastry around the sausage.
- Cut into 1-inch slices. Brush the top of each sausage bite with the egg mixture then sprinkle each one with the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet and cook for 15 – 18 minutes, or until puff pastry is lightly brown. Remove from the oven and let sit a couple of minutes prior to serving.
- To make the sauce combine the mustard, sour cream, and mayo together with a fork until mixed thoroughly. This sauce will hold for weeks in the fridge if stored in a sealed container.