2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, medium dice
1 link Big Fork Bacon Sausage, sliced lengthwise twice, then chopped thin
1 tablespoon apple cider
½ cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Chicago Sauce
½ medium red onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
½ tsp. dried dill weed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
½ tsp. seasoned salt, as garnish
1 green onion spring, sliced thin, as garnish
- Place the diced potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium to maintain a simmer, and continue cooking until the potatoes are soft, around 8 - 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl. Hold.
- Brown the sausage over medium heat until evenly brown. Toss the sausage into the cooling potatoes.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the apple cider vinegar, mayo, Chicago Sauce, onion, celery, eggs, and dill weed until evenly combined.
- Toss gently the mayo mixture with the potato mixture until evenly combined.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper and taste again.
- Transfer the potato salad to a serving bowl, sprinkle with seasoned salt and green onion, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill before serving. Can be held in the fridge for up to 5 days before serving. This recipe can also be doubled easily if you are feeding a crowd.